Apricot, the golden orange colored small fruit comes with many god gifted natural health benefits. Apricot carries number of essential nutrients and vitamins which are quite crucial for healthy body. It contains Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Calcium, Iron, Vitamin B-6, Magnesium, Protein, Dietary fiber, and Potassium.
So after knowing these facts, I’m sure you would have guessed how beneficial Apricot is for our health. Don’t worry I’m not stopping here, I’m going to reveal important health benefits of eating Apricot.
Health Benefits of Apricots:
- Protection against Cancer: Now a day, number of patients suffering from Cancer is increasing drastically. So my simple suggestion to all of you to eat natural fruits and vegetables as most of them carries powerful antioxidants that fight against Cancer and Apricot is no different. It’s also the rich source of antioxidants and protects your body from UV rays, smoke and other pollutants. These components are known to increase the risk of diagnosing Cancer.
- Useful in Diabetes: Apricot is low carbohydrate, high in fiber and good source of vitamin A. Thus it’s an essential component for daily diabetic’s diet.
- Food for Pregnancy: Dried apricot is very important for pregnant women, as it contains iron that prevent anemia which is common health problem in pregnant ladies. It also contains folic acid, calcium, magnesium, and potassium which prevent constipation issue that generally occurs during pregnancy.
- Control Weight: Apricot is low in calorie so the chance of gaining weight is very low, plus it has fiber that makes you feel less hungry and that also results less eating. So eat apricot without worrying about gaining weight.
- Skin Care: As you know apricot is a good source of vitamin A, which is used to cure acne and other skin issues. Apricot oil contains essential fatty acids and vitamin A; this makes it a brilliant choice for moisturizing dry irritated skin. Apricot oil quickly absorbed by the skin without making it oily, it is also useful in treating many skin disorders like scabies, eczema, and itching etc.
- Healthy Heart: Apricot contains beta carotene and vitamin C, and many studies supported them for improving the cardiovascular health and for prevention of heart disease. Apricot works for the reduction of bad cholesterol and reduces the risk of heart attack.
- Healthy Eye: I’m sure most of you are aware that vitamin A is the crucial element that keeps your eyes healthy and protect from any eye disease. As I already mentioned that apricot is rich source of vitamin A so it is beneficial for your eyes.
- Prevent Anemia: Lower amount of blood in body cause anemia, that’s why all physicians suggest having diet which is rich in Iron. As iron works for the formation of blood in our body, and increases the energy flow after improving blood flow. Here also apricot is good source for iron.
- Constipation Remedy: Apricot contains good amount of dietary fiber, which is known for positive effects on improving metabolism that ultimately improves the digestion and prevents constipation issues. It is generally recommended to patients who regularly suffer from constipation problem.
- Asthma: Apricot believed to be used for treating asthma patients, but there is not enough reliable details to prove this point.
Apricot consumed directly or dried and then consumed as dried fruit. The fruits are also good in the juice, jelly, and jam. Apricot oil was good for sore ears.
These are some well known benefits for apricot, and I’m sure after reading this article you would seriously give attention to eat this small and golden orange colored fruit.
“Image courtesy of suwatpo/FreeDigitalPhotos.net”
Share with your friends!!