Swelling of gums is quite common dental problem. Swollen gums also cause unwanted bleeding, especially when you touch them or eat something. You also feel pain in gums sometimes unbearable. However many of us wonder why does this problem take place.
Some of the known causes and prevention of gums swelling are:-
- Gingivitis - We all brush daily, but our brushing style is different. I mean some people use hard hand in the hope that it would clean your teeth much better. However it results injury and scratches to your gums and sometimes it caused gums swelling. It’s known as Gingivitis. So you should use soft hand while brushing your teeth. In other words, you should do brushing gently.
- Scurvy - Scurvy is a well known disease, I’m sure you must have heard about it in your school days. It mainly caused due to lack of Vitamin C in your body. Always keep in mind that if you need healthy teeth then you should take Vitamin C in your diet.
- Infection in gums – Gums infections are caused due to lack of oral and dental hygiene. You should always wash your mouth whenever you eat or drink anything for at least 30 seconds. It ensures better cleaning of your mouth. If your mouth is clean then it’s less likely to get infected.
- Malnutrition – For healthy teeth, you need Calcium, Protein and Vitamin C. If you lack any of these crucial ingredients, it can cause problem to you teeth and gums. So take proper diet rich with all essential ingredients.
- Sensitivity to toothpaste or mouthwash - Many a times, your teeth are allergic to specific toothpaste or any mouth wash liquid. So you need to judge it yourself. As you find it change your toothpaste or mouthwash. You can also consult with your Dentist about good toothpaste.
- Pregnancy – During pregnancy any women required more nutrition than any normal person. Due to this requirements many times body of pregnant woman lacks many essential minerals and cause various types of problems, swelling of gums is one of them.
- Poorly fitting dentures – If your fake teeth are not placed properly, it can cause bleeding, pain in your gums and swelling as well.
Home remedies for swollen gums:-
- After reading the causes of swollen gums, you must understand that improper diet is one the main reason. So from now on eat nutrition rich diet, that not only benefits for your teeth only but also for your whole body.
- Heat up small twig of Dalbergia sissoo (Sheesham) unless it produce frothy discharge from other side end. Apply this froth on your gums, it’s a great home remedy for gum bleeding and swelling.
- You can roast some Bishop’s weed (Ajwain), then crush them and grind them into a coarse consistency. Add 2 to 3 drops of mustard oil into this powder. Apply this mixture on your gums gently. This is another way to reduce the swelling of gums.
- Prepare a powder of alum by grinding it. Now apply this powder gently on your gums. This will also reduce the swelling of your gums.
- Take camphor and mix it up with castor seeds oil to get pasty consistency. Apply it on your gums twice a day, in morning and evening. This is also quite useful in reducing gums swelling.
- Take a glass of boiled water and mix lemon juice in it. Then use it for gargling. Do it twice a day. This will not only reduce swelling of gums but also eliminate bad odor from the mouth, usually caused due to swelling.
- Put some salt in ginger and create good paste by mixing them properly. Now apply this mixture on your gums and you’ll see good result.
Please let me know your views on this article through your comments!!
“Image courtesy of artur84 / FreeDigitalPhotos.net”